Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reflection Time

I can't believe it is the end of the semester! I feel like it was just yesterday when I was trying to figure out how to set up this blog. Now, I have had many successful posts, meaningful connections to literature and have learned a ton about picking the best books possible for my future students. I have really enjoyed all of the discussions that we had in class and also the different books that we were told to read for the class. I would have never been exposed to some of the books that I have if it weren't for this class. 

I really believe that this class has prepared me to become a better teacher. I also know that when it comes time to pick out books for my classroom library, there will be choices and I now have the confidence and strategies to make those choices. 

My favorite activity/project that we did would probably be the text set. I think this will be one of the most useful things I will use in the future. It has really opened my eyes to the fact that no matter what topic I want to expose my students to, there will be plenty of books to have this option. I really will keep this class in mind in the future and do my best when working with children's books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment