Friday, March 6, 2009

Reflection Time

I personally think this year has gone by so fast, let alone this semester. I just feel like we started and it is already spring break! So far I have really enjoyed Reading and Responding to Children's Lit. It has really opened up my views of children's literature and what books I can bring into the classroom to help teach lessons. 

One of the main reasons why I like this class is because our homework is to read children's books. All while we are doing this we are exposing ourselves to the many different topics, genres and authors that are out there. We have also learned strategies in the curriculum lab that have helped me and will continue to help me through my years at University of Iowa and also in my years of teaching to come. I like how our class has great discussions about different books and that people feel comfortable sharing their true feelings with the class. I also loved reading other peoples blogs, it is yet another way to get exposed to even more books about different things. I have really enjoyed the class so far and can't wait to finish the year with even more get children's books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment