Thursday, April 16, 2009

Harry and Willy and Carrothead

This is a story about three different boys. One was born with no hand, the other red hair and the other was what some people like to call, "normal". They all were teased and sometimes mad fun of, but in the end they all realized no matter what they look like, they all have the same interests and become best friends. 

I choose to read this book because I have reddish hair and was teased by some people when I was younger. I think that a lot of the times when we are younger we all want to look the same and be like everyone else. For example, I hated my hair and wanted to dye it a different color. But as I grew older, I realized that my hair is what made me who I am and different from everyone else. I think this book does a great job of showing how important it is for kids not to judge other kids on their appearance. It can be really harmful and traumatic to some kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment