Monday, April 6, 2009

Marsupial Sue


As I have learned from my child study in block A, I am at one point or another going to come across a reluctant reader. For example, my child that I am working with doesn't like to read. It wasn't till the fourth week that I learned she like to sing. Immediately I thought to bring this book by John Lithgow. Marsupial Sue is a fun book that readers can sing along to. It comes with a CD in the back of the book to help provide the tune, however, when I brought it to the elementary school we didn't use the CD. I will defiantly have this book in my classroom and even use it as a read aloud. I think it would be a fun way to encourage students to interact with the text. It also has a wonderful message of be who you are. The illustrations also make this book wonderful for young readers.
It is about a marsupial who doesn't like doing what kangaroos do. So she tries to fit in with other animal groups, but realizes that it is best to just be who she is and do what she does best. I would recommend this book also for teachers who are teaching rhymes and music in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment